Just Diagnosed? 21st January 2021
A 4-week course for the parents and carers who’s children are suspected of having Autism Spectrum Disorders or just been diagnosed with ASD.
Due to the current restrictions in place we have moved this course online to delivered by your trainer via Zoom. In your confirmation email you will recieve a link to a zoom meeting to access to training course. You will also recieve your workbooklet in the post one week before the course starts.
Looking at and understanding the Traid of Impairment
- triad of impairment
- the autism spectrum
- Co-morbid conditions and mental health
The Anger Mountain and Managing Behaviour
- the anger mountain
- the brain
- how to support behaviour
- understanding how parenting can effect behaviour
- ABC charts
The Sensory World of ASD
- the seven senses
- hypersensitivity vs hyposensitivity
- arousal states
- supporting sensory difficulties
Visual Aids and communication
- difficulties with communication
- using visual aids to help communication
This course will be delivered online via Zoom over 4 weeks with a 2 hour session per week.