Just Diagnosed? Dereham
Grove House Infant School, 1 Gilpin , Dereham
A 4-week course for the parents and carers who’s children are suspected of having Autism Spectrum Disorders or just been diagnosed with ASD.
Looking at and understanding the Train of Impairment
- triad of impairment
- the autism spectrum
- Co-morbid conditions and mental health
The Anger Mountain and Managing Behaviour
- the anger mountain
- the brain
- how to support behaviour
- understanding how parenting can effect behaviour
- ABC charts
The Sensory World of ASD
- the seven senses
- hypersensitivity vs hyposensitivity
- arousal states
- supporting sensory difficulties
Visual Aids and communication
- difficulties with communication
- using visual aids to help communication
This course will be delivered over 4 weeks with a 2 hour session per week.
Refreshements are provided and participants will recieve a certificate of attendance for attending the entirety of the course.