Workshop – Personal Independence Payment April 2024
ASD Helping Hands, Room 412-416
This workshop aims to give you the knowledge and confidence on how to complete the Personal Independence Payment form and the process of appeal.
The workshop will include:
- Who is Personal Independence Payment for
- What is the process for applying for Personal Independence Payment
- Personal Independence Payment Rates
- Appeal Process
- Explanation of Questions
This is an interactive session where you can complete your forms and ask specific questions about certain parts of the Form filling / Process
What do I need to bring?
In order to fully take part in this workshop it is advised to bring with you:
- The Personal Independence Payment
- You can download the Personal Independence Payment form here: Personal Independence Payment (you will not able to use this form to claim)
- You can request one from DWP by calling 0800 917 2222 (If you use this option you will have 4 weeks to return the form otherwise your claim will be closed)
- We can print the required paperwork for you on your behalf. To request this please add the ‘Paperwork Pack’ to your booking. (you will not able to use this form to claim but it will give you the questions)
Please note in order to officially start a claim for Personal Independence Payment you need to phone the DWP
- Paperwork relating to the young person/adult you are claiming for
If you would like us to print the required paperwork for you please add the ‘paperwork pack’ at check out.
About your Trainer
Gemma has worked at ASD Helping Hands since October 2022 and volunteered for us for 3 years before. Gemma heads our Autism Information and Advice Service and has a wealth of experience navigating the system not only professionally as she also has children with additional needs.