Nature of the role:
To assist the Group supervisor in facilitating the Family group.
• Interact with and welcome new families and participants
• Carry out activities with the participants
• Aid in the set up and tidying up of each group
• To ensure that everyone complies with the code of conduct
• Complete relevant paperwork as requested i.e. accident forms/ registration forms
• Aid in the preparation of refreshments
All volunteers are offered continued professional development with no time frames on expected volunteer length.
While some training is optional there are some requirements, we as a Charity that you undertake. All training is provided by to our volunteers free of charge.
Description of Training:
C=Compulsory Training O=Optional
• Understanding Autism e-learning course (C)
• Safeguarding Children and Young People (C)
• Further professional development as it becomes available
If there is a course you wish to do, we will do our best to accommodate this for you.
• Communication skills (essential)
• Time management skills (essential)
• The ability to work independently (essential)
• Basic English Skills both verbal and written (Essential)
• No formal Qualifications are required
Personal qualities required:
• A helpful and friendly approach (Essential)
• A caring nature (Essential)
• A good sense of humor (Essential)
• Dedicated and committed. (Essential)
• The ability to be honest where required (Essential)
• A family member/spouse or child with ASD or neurodevelopmental disorder (Desirable)
• Experience with dealing with people face to face (Desirable)
• A DBS to be applied for under ASD Helping Hands, if you have one from another organisation this will be used in the interim (please note any issues with completing a DBS contact us directly to discuss)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.