Our Autism Advisors can offer bespoke advice and guidance based on your family’s needs. This could range from Benefit advice, Educational issues to support and advice around behavioural issues.
We will offer advice and information to those of any age, of any geographical location, at any stage of the diagnosis process and we also support across the Spectrum, this includes those with ADHD, PDA and co-morbidity conditions such as depression and anxiety.
We do not offer in house or hands-on support within the home or any environment.
We offer information and advice on:
- SEN Support and Educational Health and Care Plans
- The Autism Diagnosis Pathway for Norfolk both Children and Adult
- The Welfare system and guidance on how to complete and apply for disability benefits, as well as information on appealing decisions
- Challenging behaviours relating to an Autism Spectrum Disorder or associated condition.
- Housing issues which impact the individual with Autism and their family
- Short break applications and young carers groups.
- Adult Social Care and Personal Budgets
- Suitable Training courses and Events
We will also signpost you to other services if their support would be more appropriate.
We are currently being overwhelmed with requests for the Autism Information and Advice service.
We are a small team of 3 volunteers with full-time caring and work commitments and we are unable to keep up with demand.
We have therefore made the decision to stop accepting referrals for the time being so that we can catch up with the extensive waiting list we already have.
We receive no government or statutory funding for this service.
We understand that this may cause some upset and frustration, especially during these difficult times.