I am writing to update you on the offer of support that ASD Helping Hands will provide from the 12/10/2020.
The Family Support service we have offered for the past ten years will change to the "Autism Information and Advice Service"
There have been a number of reasons we have had to make this change including:
-Reduced funding for the Family Support Service
-An exponential increase in refferals over the past years. We can now recieve anywhere from 8-12 refferals a week from families and professionals, creating an increased demand on the service.
-Avaliability of volunteers
The Autism Information and Advice Service will allow us to address your concerns and queries quicker while offering better support to those families who require it.
Instead of refferals you can submit your queries/questions and one of our Autism Advisors will be in contact to discuss and offer you advice, guidance and solutions on a case by case basis. There will be avenues if you require further support on a specific issues, for example an Education, Health and Care Plan application.
The Autism Information and Advice service will offer information and advice on:
- SEN Support and Educational Health and Care Plans
- The Autism Diagnosis Pathway for Norfolk both Children and Adult
- The Welfare system and guidance on how to complete and apply for disability benefits, as well as information on appealing decisions
- Challenging behaviours relating to an Autism Spectrum Disorder or associated condition.
- Housing issues which impact the individual with Autism and their family
- Short break applications and young carers groups.
- Adult Social Care and Personal Budgets
- Suitable Training courses and Events
We will also signpost you to other services if their support would be more appropriate.
When this service goes live (on the 12/10/2020) you can submit queires through our website www.asdhelpinghands.org.uk or using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are still waiting to be contacted by our Family Support team this will still happen and we ask that you bare with us during this transistion period.
Refferals for the Family Support service will close immediately.
We hope that this new approach will allow us to reduce the waiting times and increase the value of advice and guidance we provide.
We will still continue to offer advice and information to those of any age, any location, with any Spectrum condition and most importantly to those with and without a diagnosis.
Thank you for your continued support,
ASD Helping Hands