A heartfelt thank you goes out to everyone who has supported our projects throughout the year. Here’s to a fantastic 2024 filled with growth, success, and continued collaboration.
- Conducted Mental Health Occupational Therapy sessions in collaboration with Cup-O Tea, generously funded by the Norman Lamb Coalition for Young People.
- Orchestrated the Norfolk Lakes Residential Holiday,where 15 young people got to expirence many new activities and make lasting friendships, made possible through the support of the Norfolk Community Foundation.
- Facilitated Teen Support Groups, with assistance from the Breckland Youth Advisory Board.
- Established a Community Hot Spot with the backing of the Norfolk Community Foundation.
- Hosted Mental Health Wellbeing Art workshops, offering a creative outlet for individuals seeking support.
- Fostered Adult Social groups in partnership with Norfolk Libraries, creating inclusive and supportive spaces.
- Continued to manage the Norfolk Learning Disability Partnership and the Norfolk All Age Autism Partnership, both who are well on their way to publishing their new refreshed plans in mid 2024.
Our Community hotspot is back for 2023/2024.
Looking for a new challenge in 2024?
Why not think about volunteering some of your time to support autistic people in Norfolk?
We have many opportunities open. If you are interested please email email@example.com
Christmas Closing times
Our offices will be closed from 15:00 Thursday 22nd December 2023 and we will reopen on Tuesday 2nd January 2023 at 9:30am.
Support over the Christmas Period
The Christmas period can be a very difficult time for many of us, and many of our usual support mechanisms and services are not open or have limited availability. But even over Christmas, there are still places that you can go if you are feeling low or need some support. Below is a list of some of these services available over the Christmas period.
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
CALM’s helpline and webchat are open from 5pm to midnight, every day of the year.
Combat Stress’s helpline is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
The Compassionate Friends
The Compassionate Friends helpline is open from 10am to 4pm, and 7pm to 10pm, every day of the year.
The LGBT Foundation helpline is open on weekdays 9am to 9pm and weekends 10am to 5:30pm.
Men’s Advice Line
The Men’s Advice Line is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm.
The MoneyHelper helpline is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. The helpline is closed on bank holidays.
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC)
The NAPAC helpline is open 10am to 9pm, Monday to Thursday. And 10am to 6pm on Fridays.
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
0808 2000 247
Free 24-hour helpline for women who have experienced domestic abuse and violence, with all female advisors. Also offers a live chat and can help to find refuge accommodation. Run by the domestic violence charity Refuge.
The National Domestic Abuse Helpline is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. They also have a BSL helpline available Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. And a live webchat open Monday to Friday, 3pm to 10pm.
NHS 111 (England)
116 123 (freephone)
Freepost SAMARITANS LETTERS
Samaritans are open 24/7 for anyone who needs to talk. You can visit some Samaritans branches in person. Samaritans also have a Welsh Language Line on 0808 164 0123 (7pm–11pm every day).
Samaritans’ helplines are open every day of the year.
Shout are open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Information and support for people affected by stillbirth, miscarriage and premature birth.
The Trussell Trust
The Help through Hardship line is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. The helpline is closed on public holidays.
A massive thank you to all our supporters this year.
We couldn’t continue to do what we do without your ongoing support.
If you could help support our work, please consider donating to our cause.
All that is left for me to do for 2023 is to thank each and every one of you once again for your support, and finally, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a fruitful New Year.
ASD Helping Hands